Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Is the jingle dying out? I have to say that in my opinion, the age of the "jingle" as an advertising strategy is quickly dying, if not already dead. In recent years, very few jingles have been successful. Most people, especially in the younger generation, think that jingles are corny and boring. I personally prefer humor to a stupid song anyway. I heard an absolutely horrible one tonight. It was for Beehive Bail Bonds. http://www.beehivebailbonds.com It was awful! It was some lame 70's heavy metal rock song that just repeated the phrase, "Stuck in jail? Call beehive bail bonds." It wasn't even brief. It was a full song that just sang that over and over again. I just think that jingles are out and marketers need to find a new way to make their name stick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Hurst said...

The way in which companies advertise is definitely changing however I suspect that there will be many more diabolical radio ads before we are through.

Here in the UK, Radio Ad's often 'mimic' their TV counterparts wherever possible, this not only keeps brand identity strong but means that by using certain voices over music, most listeners make the brand connection without the need for not-so-catchy tunes :-)

Paul

Ps- Great Blog btw!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home