Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Another very bad marketing campaign: People who aren't from Utah have probably never seen this campaign, although you can get a general feeling for it if you go to the Brent Brown Automotive Group website http://www.brentbrownauto.com/ I hate this advertising campaign. They are using the slogan "We'll bend over backwards for your!" and they show photographs and TV ads of all their car dealers bending over backwards. It's just creepy. I guess they have a memorable slogan, but all I can think about is how much I don't want to go to their car lot and see all of these creepy car dealers that are always doing backbends. And I especially don't trust these circus freaks to sell me a car!

1 Comments:

Blogger Xander Jones said...

I am frequently amazed at the obviously ill-thought out campaigns of both local and national businesses. Often they make little sense, tell us nothing about the product, and don't even make us want the product.

On a side note, glad to see another blog where the person puts some time and thought into their posts. A lot of the blogs these days are mostly flash and no substance.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home