Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I am working on a project in school that includes creating a hypothetical new restaurant and developing a marketing plan. It's been very interesting to me since that is what I want to do someday. We have to develop a restaurant that we think would be successful in Provo, Utah, which is a pretty difficult market because of how cheap BYU students are. They are extremely price sensitive. We decided to develop an autentic Brazilian restaurant that is lower priced than the other Brazilian restaurants like Tucanos and Rodizzio Grill. We are going to have it opperate "Cafe Rio" style. You walk in, order, then sit down with your food. I wonder if a restaurant like that would actually be successful in Provo. It certianly isn't the type of restaurant I have always dreamed of opening. I envisioned a high class restaurant in the downtown area of a major city (Minneapolis was the ideal for me) Anyway, if anyone has any good ideas about marketing a restaurant, especially our little Brazilian project, I'd love some input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home