Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Police Radar Scrambler Advertisement: I heard the craziest ad on the radio last night. It was for one of those police scramblers. Basically, its a device in your car that scrambles police radars so that they can't technically clock your speed. I had a friend in highschool who had one. I have known about them for a long time, but I thought it was sort of a "black market" item. I was very surprised to hear a legitimate advertisement for the device. It acutally seems like a big mistake to market the product that openly. Scramblers should probably be illegal, because they don't just warn you that a cop is ahead so you can slow down. They actually make the police officer's equipment ineffective so that he can't give you a ticket. It seems like marketing the product in the open will make it very apparent that the product needs to be banned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home