Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Mastercard Marketing Campaign: This weekend I was watching television and I saw yet another Mastercard "priceless" commercial. This ad campaign has to be the longest campaign I have ever seen. I remember almost five years ago when Jay Leno would do Priceless spoofs on his show. Everyone knows how the commercials go- "Cookies: $3, Chocoaltes $7, being too fat to fit in your wedding dress because you planned your special day during the holidays: Priceless. Some things money can't buy. For everything else... there's Mastercard." I have never seen a more famous ad slogan. Everyone knows it. There have been hundreds of them created by mastercard and other companies trying to imitate the success or make jokes about the commericals. Mastercard is still getting more creative and developing new scenarios for this campaign. And they can reach almost any target audience with the same phrase. It's genious! I wonder how much longer it will last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home