Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gmail's genious marketing: I think gmail has discovered a way to advertise without using annoying advertisements. The email tracking system looks at keywords within the email you are reading and then lists possible links with information on those keywords. It's smart because the ads are not colorful or flashy. They just look like helpful, listed information. Also, I can be reading an email from my mom talking about toothpaste and then I see non-intrusive links that talk about toothpaste and how I can get more information on it. I have used these links several times, and I find them convenient and helpful rather than annoying and intrusive. Good job, Gmail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home