Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Television and autism: I was waiting (for 1 1/2 hours!) at the doctor's office and I happened to read an interesting magazine article. The new theory is that babies who watch televsion are more likely to develop autism. The finding are very loosely supported, and I'm not sure I believe there is a correlation, but it's an interesting idea to play around with. I do think children are very heavily influnced by television advertisements, but I don't agree that it causes serious diseases. It just causes problems for parents whose children demand everything they see advertised on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home