Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Intrusive Marketing: Everyone says that marketers are the only thing worse than lawyers. I was reading an article on intrusive marketing that really got me thinking about this. Marketing is intrusive. I study marketing, I love marketing, and I am still annoyed when I am constantly bombarded with advertisements. It's only getting worse. Companies are beginning to send consumers advertisements using text messaging on personal cell phones. So here's my challenge: How do I create advertising that is entertaining enough to consumers that it does not seem to be intrusive?

1 Comments:

Blogger A Mad Man said...

Excellent question. Marketers are becoming more intrusive and people hate that. I do not know you can create advertising that is not intrusive but let me explain some things that might guide you down the right path.

When you create advertising: Sell Like You Would Like To Be Sold Too. This is a simple yet EXTREMELY powerful concept. You know you have a good product,send out letters to everyone in town. a personal letter, with a real stamp. Make it personal. Start with their name, you have to build their trust. A customer that trusts you is more valuable than anything else in marketing. You could advertise to a million people and get a 1% response rate, or you could 100,000 customers that completely trust you, that you can contact often, send them freebies, and give them good deals on stuff that you know that they would want. There is a lot more that I could say but, that will do for now.
For a good ebook that explains these things and more, check out www.truforyou.com

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home