Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Creating a new brand: In one of my marketing classes, we had a guest speaker from Hershey's. She told us the story of developing the new brand they are in the process of releasing. It is called Cacao Reserve by Hershey's. It was amazing to listen to the whole process. Hershey's also recently bought several premium chocolate brands. Someone is my class asked why they did not simply develop their own premium cholocate for each segment, rather than buying other brands. She explained that developing and marketing an entirely new brand was very expensive and time consuming, not to mention how difficult it is to gain recongnition against already established brands. I had never thought of how much it costs to create a new brand. It made me reconsider franchising a restaurant, rather than trying to start my own. Also, Cacao Reserve chocolate is amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home