Life as Seen Through a Marketer's Eyes

I love marketing, just ask my husband, who listens to me analyze every piece of marketing we are exposed. Here's some of the the random things I think about.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Finally, someone has accurately marketed juice. It might sound ridiculous, but I have been very annoyed with juice marketing in recent years. Everyone claims to be selling 100% juice and all natural juice. I was very disturbed to find what the phrases actually mean. Even though it is 100% juice, it has been concentrated, frozen, stripped of its natural nutrients and had all kinds of different juices and flavors put into it. I once read an explanation from a marketing executive for orange juice (I wish I could remember the brand or source). Anyway, they were justifying each of their marketing claims. 100% natural meant that it did actually contain some actual juice from oranges. "Fresh-squeezed" meant that there was a little pulp added to the juice. "Fresh" simply meant that it had been concentrated and frozen before the oranges went rotten. Like a lot of bad marketing, they tried to paint this beautiful picture but didn't have any actual quality to back it up. But finally, a juice company has done it right! Simply Orange Juice Company has created a fantastic line of juice that has never been concentrated, has no additional ingredients, and was gently pasturized for obvious reasons. I tried their line of apple juice the other day. It was incredible! It honestly tasted like I was just sucking on a really juicy apple. And the only ingredient... apple juice pressed from apples. No sugar added, no nothing! I finally realized what real apple juice tasted like and honestly, the artifically enhanced apple juice we have been drinking for years is a disgrace! There is nothing better than a magical marketing story that is actually backed by an incredible product that lives up to every one of its marketing claims.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beyond taste, it is just better for you to get the straight stuff too. Good post and welcome back!

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home